Happy Birthday, Shara!

3:53 PM










     This post is on my beautiful friend, Shara! Shara was a remarkable person who was upbeat, cheery, and very energetic! Shara was my great friend where we met by fate, for reals! We never were able to meet each other in person, but our letters and e-mails were more than those meetings in person! We were like sisters from a far!

     My friend, Shara passed away at the age of 20 in 2006. She fell asleep at the wheel of her car and never made it home late one night! She had visited her boyfriend over a hour away that day and decided to leave for home past 12 AM. Her car veered into oncoming traffic on a freeway. 2 cars hit into her and she was killed instantly.

    I remember finding out about Shara and I was just heart broken. I couldn't believe that she was gone! I had a message for me to call her dad on Myspace, but I had no clue why. I was just hoping Shara was okay. Before I even called her dad, I checked her Myspace and with dismay I read messages that already said "We miss you. RIP." My heart literally sank.

    I knew without a doubt I needed to be at her funeral! I hurried and got plane tickets to Missouri and flew there for her funeral. Paul was nice and came along. I was thankful for his support!

    I just wanted to raise awareness by writing this post about drowsy driving! I know many times people are tired and think they can drive! Don't let yourself or family be one of the statistics of deaths by drowsy driving!

    I miss Shara everyday! I miss the fun messages that would always be awaiting for me. I miss the friend I confided in! I miss the friend that was there for me no matter what. I miss the friend that listened to me on a daily basis. I miss the long stories my friend would write to me about what happened that day. I miss the questions my friend would ask me! I miss my friend!

 

Happy Birthday, Shara! You are never forgotten and always loved!




A Tribute Video Shara's Family Made




A Tribute to Shara

A-Rod | MySpace Video












You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe By E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Flickr Images

Online Sweepstakes and Contests
Society of Socialpreneurs
Photobucket