Do you receive unwanted presents each year during the holidays? I think we all receive something every year that we do not use! A survey shows that 84% US adults receive unwanted items as gifts during the holidays. I recently learned about the World Vision Gift Catalog! Everyone should check into the World Vision Gift Catalog this year to help those in need! We should put our money to use where someone will use these donations! Celebrate the true spirit of Christmas by sharing love, hope, and healing with children in need!
ABOUT WORLD VISION
"World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization dedicated to helping children and their communities worldwide reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve the world’s poor, regardless of a person’s religion, race, ethnicity or gender."
The catalog offers more than 100 poverty-fighting gifts ranging in price from $16 to $39,000 that can be purchased in the name of a mother, child, friend, or loved one. Each of the 35 pages in the catalog overflows with gifts, stories and inspiring photos.
January 12 will also mark the one year anniversary of the devastating Haitian earthquake. Contained in the catalog are gifts that will provide help and hope to our neighbors in Haiti.
“The global economic crisis and food shortages are pushing millions deeper into poverty, but people can help”, says World Vision Gift Catalog National Director Devin Hermanson. “Last year, the Spade family from Illinois began a new holiday family tradition. Three year old Daniel with the guidance of his parents purchased a share of the deep water well, making a difference to an entire community.”
Since the World Vision Gift Catalog was first introduced in 1996, new gifts have been introduced and its popularity as a gift-giving alternative has grown substantially with more than 100,000 purchases made last year. Goats were the most popular item in 2009: over 50,000 goats were given to families in need thanks to the generous contributions of gift catalog donors. After purchasing a Gift Catalog item, the person whose name the gift was purchased in receives a special card describing the gift and the impact it will have. Possible catalog items include:
- Brand new clothes and shoes for children and families here in the US ($25 provides $150 worth of necessities)
- Five ducks that produce nutritious eggs to feed a family year round ($30)
- A goat that can supply great protein and surplus milk to sell ($75)
- Bicycles that can protect girls and help them get an education ($85)
- Five fruit trees that provide essential nutrients like vitamin C and antioxidants ($30)
- A sheep that will supply warm wool for clothes and blankets ($105)
Gifts that will aid children and families in Haiti include:
- Food and health care ($50 provides $150 worth of care)
- Building and farming supplies ($75 provides $225 worth of aid)
This holiday season let's help make a difference in donating to others in need! This would be a perfect opportunity to show your kid's how to give unto others this holiday season instead of being the receiver all throughout the holidays!
Visit World Vision today to make a donation! These are sustainable holiday gifts that will change lives and spread year-round joy
Thanks to World Vision, one lucky reader will receive a Handcrafted Thai Necklace and Bracelet Set! Thank you, World Vision!
MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit World Vision and tell me a gift in the catalog you would like to buy in someone’s honor this year. (1 entry)
**You must do the first entry first to qualify for bonus entry. Please leave a comment for each entry! If it says 3 entries then leave 3 entries! You must be 18 years old! No PO Box addresses will be accepted! Please make sure you leave an e-mail address or have it in your profile in order for you to win! If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!**
- Like World Vision on Facebook
- Follow World Vision on Twitter
- Enter Rachel's Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! DVD Giveaway
- Enter Rachel's Opposite Day DVD Giveaway
- Follow my blog publicly
- Subscribe by e-mail. Confirm it. (3 entries)
- Subscribe by reader
- Like The Adventures of Paul and Natalie on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave link. (3 entries)
- Add my button to your site. Leave link.
- Add my holiday button to your site. Leave link.
- Add my site to your blogroll
- Enter my other current holiday giveaways (1 entry for each)
- Follow @natdey on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (1x/daily)
You can copy and paste this if you'd like!
Holiday Gift Guide- #win a World Vision Handcrafted Thai Necklace & Bracelet Set @natdey Open to US! http://t.co/zfHXlVr Ends 12/6 #giveaway
Giveaway will end on 12/6/10 at 10 PM MST
Winner will be chosen by random.org and will be e-mailed. The winner has 48 hrs. to respond to my e-mail or another winner will be chosen. I will announce the winner on my blog.
Open to US Residents
I did not receive anything for writing this post. All opinions are solely my own. Others may have different opinions. I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this post. Information was provided to me from World Vision! Many thanks to World Vision for offering this giveaway to my readers!