Holiday Gift Guide- A Homemade Christmas Book Review

11:29 AM






Creative Ideas for an Earth-Friendly, Frugal, Festive Holiday

By Tina Barseghian
Illustrations by Alison Kendall

128 Pages of fun


ABOUT A HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS
(from the Harlequin website)

Making something with your own hands—whether it's a plate of just-baked cookies, a handcrafted stocking, a homemade wreath, or a hand-folded origami ornament—is a great way to connect with the true meaning of Christmas.



From holiday decorating to gift giving, A Homemade Christmas is chock-full of projects, recipes, tips, and helpful hints that are guaranteed to add a homemade touch to your holiday season. Open this charming volume to any page and discover a wealth of practical and easy-to-accomplish ideas for a homemade holiday:


• create personal, distinctive holiday greetings
• deck the halls with festive, handmade trimmings
• cook simple but memorable homemade dishes
• make unique, handcrafted gifts
• share the joy of the season with friends and family


Packed with inspiration and how-tos for ideas that are family-friendly and eco-conscious, festive and meaningful, A Homemade Christmas will put homemade back into your holidays!



MY THOUGHTS


     I really enjoyed this creative book! I am one that is not creative at all so this book really helped my imagination come to life to be productive with crafty things! I enjoyed many of the ideas inside this book! I liked the idea of making a sock monkey with a sock. It shows in detail how to make a sock monkey with pictures on how to sew the sock to make a monkey. I am really wanting to make this and possibly give as gifts this Christmas to the kid's in my life!

     This book also includes: recipes, how to's, handmade gift ideas, holiday cooking, decorating ideas, and the list goes on and on!

     I loved the idea in this book about recyling cards from the past to use as garland. This idea was so easy to me and festive! You can also add cards that you receive this year to the garland! I'm sure kid's would love to help add cards to your garland! This idea makes receiving cards in the mail even more fun!




     I have a huge area above my fire place where I can't put anything their because it is made of rock! I was happy to hook ribbon on each sides of the rock! I placed past cards over the ribbon to make a pretty decoration! I'm going to add bigger bows to the ends of the ribbon as it gets closer to Christmas!

     This decoration only cost me 50 cents! I bought red ribbon from a craft store!

     This is just one of the great ideas that is in this book- A Homemade Christmas!

     I recommend this book to you because it has great Christmas ideas in it and can help you be frugal this holiday season! This book is also great for everyone! The ideas inside this book are so easy that any adult can do them!
      Visit Harlequin to purchase this book for only $11.96. This book is regularly $14.95.



I received a review copy in order to write a honest review. All opinions are solely my own. Others may have different opinions. I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this post. Many thanks to Harlequin for letting me review this book!



You Might Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe By E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Flickr Images

Online Sweepstakes and Contests
Society of Socialpreneurs
Photobucket