Monday, October 4, 2010

Bake for the Cure Benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Cocoa Bottom Banana Bars Recipe

    

     This is my second recipe for the Bake for the Cure! This is a fun fall favorite of mine! These bars are absolutely delicious! If you love chocolate and bananas then this recipe is for you! These bars are super moist as well!


     Here is a little about Bake for the Cure:


"Bake for the Cure is supporting breast cancer with a love for cooking. ACH Foods has partnered with Susan G. Komen for the Cure in the fight against breast cancer with the intention of building awareness, support, and interest in the cause by providing visitors with a baking forum dedicated to all things pink."

Visit Bake for the Cure and Susan G. Komen for the Cure for more information!











Cocoa Bottom Banana Pecan Bars

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
5 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ACH baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Optional

1 cup or less chocolate chips! (We love this added extra ingredient in our recipe)



1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 13 by 9 inch pan; set aside.
2. Combine sugar and butter in large bowl; beat until creamy. Add bananas, egg, and vanilla; beat until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to banana mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in pecans.
3. Divide batter in half. Stir cocoa into one half. Spread cocoa batter in prepared pan. Spread plain batter over cocoa batter; swirl with knife.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.


Makes 15 to18 servings
 
 
    I encourage you to try this great recipe out! I'd love to hear of your stories of hope and survival so please post below!
 
 
 
    Happy Baking!
 
 
 
 
I received ACH brand products and a gift card for posting this recipe. I am also entered into a giveaway for doing so.
 
 
 
 


46 comments:

PixMom said...

This recipe looks like something I would love! Thanks for posting!

Nichol said...

Oh yummy! I'm going to check out what this bake for a cure is!

sweetpea08 said...

That looks yummy!

blueviolet said...

OH wow!! I want a piece!

Anonymous said...

Вот еще немного ссылок на тему, как похудеть.
Похудеть http://tylerleonard.t35.com/

April said...

Thanks for the Recipe!! This looks absolutley fantastic!!

Margaret said...

These really sound yummy and baking for a good cause makes them super sweet! Thanks for the recipe!

Lentil said...

I'm not usually a fan of banana but these look yummy! I think I may give them a try!

Ms. Cindy said...

This sounds like a great cause for October for awareness! I think I'll try this recipe out! Thanks!

where's the other shoe? said...

Ohh I could really use a bite of this. May have hubby try this out this weekend! Looks yummy!

Amber said...

These looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe :)

kmogilevski said...

I could eat them right off the page. I'm going to try this recipe. Sounds delicious

clc408 said...

My son would really like these.

Debbie's World of Books said...

Stopping by from Saturday Situation. I love bananas and chocolate so will definitely have to try this out.

wizardewu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wizardewu said...

Sounds delicious. I'll have to try the recipe.

LAMusing said...

I've been looking for a recipe to use ripe bananas other than Banana Bread - these sound yummy!

misskallie2000 said...

I have a serious sweet tooth and this receipe sounds delicious. I will have to try it out. Thanks

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

Shawna said...

These looks so yummy! Definitely something that would be a big hit around our house and it's for a great cause! Thanks for sharing.

ShawnaMichelle@ymail.com

Maria said...

wow yummmmy!

Shanna said...

Mmmmm...those sound great! I'll have to give 'em a try!!
shannatempel at hotmail dot com

Haven said...

Banana + chocolate = AMAZINGNESS. My banana bread always turns out funky, but I'll have to try this recipe. Those look so moist and good! :)

Angela K. said...

Oh man. those look amazing. I'm going to use this recipe for our work party next week!

bdiane34 said...

Wow this looks so good!!

heartnsoulcooking said...

What an AWESOME!!! combination of Flavors.
heartnsoulcooking[at]gmail[dot]com

Megan said...

Great recipe, i love to make banana bread whenever i have too many ripe bananas in the house.
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

commented on your banana bar recipe.
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

commented on your banana bar recipe
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

follow csn on facebook
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

follow csn on twitter
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

subscribe to your reader
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

like the adventures of paul and natalie on facebook
jiffysweeper(at)gmail(dot)com

Megan said...

follow you on twitter and tweeted
http://twitter.com/jiffysweeper/status/27521618411

Lloyd Family said...

this sounds delicious and easy to make. i will have to try it.
reljsw@gmail.com

Anita said...

this looks amazing, how ripe do the bananas have to be. i have ones that just turned black are they still usable/

Natalie A. said...

I believe the riper the bananas the better so if the bananas don't look to bad off then use them! Thanks for all of the comments everyone!!

Debbie said...

This looks really good!

christine said...

These look delicious! Got to try this!

CathyB said...

Wow...this sounds yummy!!

kroch said...

I love the combination of banana and chocolate. I look forward to trying this.

Dancehottie1621@aol.com

Tiffany Christie said...

Thank you for the recipe! .....tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

GB said...

Love the recipe!

Pink Dandy Chatter said...

wow, this looks so good and easy to make!

3Lilacs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
3Lilacs said...

I love this recipe. Thx for posting it.

lewalk said...

I absolutely love blog giveaways but my very favorite part of blogs I have found is the recipes. Bloggers like yourself always post easy, cost effective stuff that my picky family will actually eat. Before when I found recipes other places, they all seemed to be trying too hard to be fancy and my family wouldn't even consider eating them, and they cost a lot of money for all those ingredients. I really appreciate your posting such yummy foods I can make for my family and know they will not only eat it but love it as well.

lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com