Monday, January 25, 2010

Stress Reducers for the week!









It's Monday again and that means 5 more stress reducer tips! I hope everyone has a great week ahead!



1. Practice preventive maintenance. Your car, appliances, home and relationships will be less likely to break down/fall apart at the worse possible moment.

2. Be prepared to wait. A paperback can make a wait in a post office line almost pleasant.

3. Procrastination is stressful. Whatever you want to do tomorrow do today; what you want to do today, do it now.

4. Plan ahead. Don't let the gas tank get below one-quarter full; keep a well-stocked "emergency" shelf of home staples; don't wait until you're down to your last bus token or postage stamp to buy more; etc.

5. Don't put up with something that doesn't work right. If your alarm clock, wallet, shoe laces, windshield wipers-whatever- are a constant aggravation, get them fixed or get new ones.




If you happened to miss out on my first post of stress reducers visit here to see 5 more stress reducers!





6 comments:

Mighty M said...

Unfortunately I am a serious procrastinator! Thanks for the tips!

Corrie Howe said...

I agree with all of these. I think it is a great idea that you are posting them. Nothing is more stressful than praying and hoping you make it to the gas station.

My kids have gotten to the point that they always carry a book, MP3 or game when they think they'll have to wait.

Joyful said...

I like your stress reducers.
When I go to an appointment I try to always take a book.
My mom used to say `Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today`

aliciamarie112 said...

Great tips. Thanks! I like the one about procrastinating the most :)

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

These tips are great!

The warrior in me said...

The tip i really need to take home is "be prepared to wait"- ouch! somebody lend me a good book!