Water Facts

3:25 PM




   I have this packet I received while I was in physical therapy and have found the information really interesting and thought I would share with you!


   Some Facts on Water:


- 1.75 % of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

- In 37 % of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

- Even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3 %

- One glass of water will shut hunger pangs for almost 100 % of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

- Prelininary research indicated that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80 % sufferers.

- A mere 2 % drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-tern memory, trouble with basic math, and fifficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45 %, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and you are 50 % less likely to develop bladder cancer.

- Next to oxygen water is what our body needs most.

- Water makes up 83 % of our blood.



    The facts seem endless on water! The packet goes on and on with wonderful information! This packet was suppose to help me with my daily headaches. I love the information it provides!



    Did you learn anything from those facts or did you already know all of those facts? Anything else you'd like to share with me? Please do, I love comments!




Have a wonderful day

&

most importantly drink up!!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe By E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Flickr Images

Online Sweepstakes and Contests
Society of Socialpreneurs
Photobucket