Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fun Butterfly Kid Activity










    This last week, I babysat my 5 year old niece for 3 days and 2 nights. I drove her to pre-school and picked her up! I sure got some practice on some mom skills!

    One of the days she was over, we did a fun project together. She brought the supplies which was fun and she insisted that we make butterflies! I thought the butterflies were cute, clever, and easy to make! This project will let your childs imagination soar!


    Supplies needed:

    Construction Paper
    Pencils
    Glue or Tape
    Stickers or anything to decorate with
    Your hand and feet :)

 
    My niece had a joyous time tracing my hand and foot. She thought it was pretty cool. I got to make my own butterfly after that. It turned into a giant butterfly since my feet are pretty big and I have long fingers.  She had fun tracing her own hand and I traced her foot for her! She enjoyed putting her butterfly together!

    We flew our butterflies around after we were finished with them!

    Unfortunately, she isn't very photogenic so I didn't even try to ask to take her picture, but I did take pictures of the fun butterflies!

     We sure had fun with this activity and I hope you will too!

3 comments:

Kel said...

Great idea. I've done the hand thing for turkeys, but not butterflies. My girls will love this craft!

Nichol said...

oh so cute...thanks for the fun craft! Zoe will love this:)

Puanani503 said...

looks fun! I'd love to try this out with my 5yo..