Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Surprise In My Garage



I had a surprise yesterday when I opened my garage door! To my surprise I saw a beautiful blue-eyed cat laying in my garage! I was in total shock and ran to get the cat some food. We hadn't been in our garage for days so I honestly didn't know how long this cat had been in there for.

We have many stray cats that visit our house on a daily basis. I really thought this was a stray cat at first, but when I found out how friendly the cat was I thought otherwise. She purred and kept rubbing against me and even loved being held. The cat would not leave our garage for many hours. She finally did leave, but that night since I left the back garage door opened she was back in the garage. It has been snowing here for the last 2 days and it's been cold so I decided to shut him in the garage last night so he wouldn't feel a breeze from the coldness outside. He did visit our basement for a little while last night, but Rocky was not fond of our new friend so we let her back outside which she didn't seem to mind.





I really wish the cat had a collar on or something. I've seen it outside before so I don't know if it does live nearby or what. I've checked local sites to see if anyone has posted this cat and no luck on anything there!

It was a surprising, eventful day yesterday with this beautiful cat that I just had to share with you!





Last I checked, the cat was in the garage and I left the door open!





11 comments:

Sarah said...

That's Great! Thanks for sharing. I'm also having a giveaway for a super cute and trendy diaper changing pad if your interested. Come check it out

http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/03/giveaway-skip-hop-pronto-changing-pad.html

ham1299 said...

What a beautiful cat! :-)

Ladybug Mama of 2 said...

Poor kitty. It was trying to get warm. We had two kittens in our car engine this winter. Thank goodness we got them out before we started the car.

April said...

Cats are like that--they have a mind of their own. Ours for awhile lived at our house and the neighbors. Neighbor didn't know it ws ours for several month, and we didn't realize it was out prowling around at night at their house!

My Book Barn said...

Sounds like you've been adopted! lol Such a beautiful cat though! Love the marking & what eyes! Have a great weekend!
~Angela

Kiera said...

AHHH we had an almost exact looking one come near our garage yesterday! i dont like cats though, and shooed it away so it wouldnt pee on our stuff. bad me

Kristie from Kristie's List said...

Awww what a lovely kitty!

Ashley Stone said...

aw so cute!

Joni said...

So adorable. I am a new friend from the FF. I am curious about what kind of cat that is. Between a long haired Siamese and a Himalayan. If this cat has a home he/she will probably return eventually. They never lose their way home. I had a cat that stayed gone for 6 months and finally came home one day. Such a beautiful cat! I would hate to lose a cat like that.

Come by and say hi and become one of my new followers. Have a great weekend.

http://sixcherriesontop.blogspot.com

Huguette E. said...

Aww what a pretty cat ♥ Hope he/she finds their home!

photoquest said...

what a beautiful surprise you recieved!!