Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Photo Flashback! #3







Words from Alicia at More Than Words

"I started "Friday Photo Flashback" because I have so many pictures from my PRE-digital camera days. I thought it would be fun to scan them and share them here with you. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I would love for you to join me, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner to good use! Don't forget to sign in to MckLinky so we can all visit and comment on each others blogs!"

Make sure you go visit Alicia at More Than Words and join in the fun!









These are some of my favorite pictures! This is a stray cat we took in that became my best friend when I was a child! His name became the simple name of Kitty Kitty! Oh, how I loved him to pieces! I was devastated when he got cancer and we had to put him to sleep in December 1992. I put up pictures of him everywhere in my room and I believe that's how I coped with it! He is why I love cats to this day! He started my love for cats and I'm so thankful for him!




13 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww! That is so sweet! That really pulls on my heart strings because I know that is how my kids feel about our dogs.

I love how Kitty Kitty blends in with all the stuffed animals.

sweetpea08 said...

I love the heart glasses! I used to have some too! Cute pics!

Scatz said...

AW..How Lucky for Kitty Kitty that he wandered into such a loving family. Beautiful cat!!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

That is such a sweet story. I read a book called Dewey, the Library Cat or something and even though I'm allergic, I want a cat sooo bad now!! Those are some great memories ~ ♥

LDH said...

Sweet Kitty Kitty and cute little girl in her fancy glasses. You must have loved them to sleep in them :)

I am participating in Friday Photo Flashback for the first time and have enjoyed visiting with you!

Kindly, ldh
Oh, just noticed... is the cute black dog on your sidebar a schnauzer? Can't tell for sure.

Erin said...

Oh, he was so cool looking! We love our cats, too, and are still mourning one who got hit by a car two years ago. I was surprised you didn't name him Garfield, given the picture with him next to Garfield.

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Soooo Sweet! Thanks for sharing these, I can certainly understand why you still love cats, Kitty Kitty left quite an impression!

Hi! I'm new to your blog, so glad I stopped by! I'm your newest follower! Cheers!

Katie said...

Your kitty was so beautiful! I have always wanted an orange fluffy cat.

Melissa said...

Those are such cute pictures! I used to always have a cat when I was little and would love to have one now, but my husband is allergic. I'm a new follower!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

What a great photos! Your kitty looked like one of your stuffed animals in the third picture! He looks very well-loved!

Blessings & Aloha!

2 little Boys said...

I used to have a cat like that when I was around that same age. His name was Garfield (I know really original) and I loved him so much. I loved your flashback pictures.

Laura Ann

Cascia said...

I love my kitties too, and so do my kids. Cute photos! Have a wonderful Monday. Thanks for stopping by Healthy Moms!

Cheryl B said...

Your Kitty Kitty was beautiful. He reminds me of the cats my grandmother kept. They were all orange with fluffy tails.

PS. I had those heart glasses too...